How to Account for Vacancies
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Finances” tab and the “Vacancies” subtab.
2. Select the month when the unit is vacant (the units that are vacant at this time will appear).
3. To modify the rent (amount lost due to the vacancy) of the unit, modify the amount at the end of the row for the unit in question.
4. Select the unit(s) that you want to account for.
5. Click on “Process the vacancies” at the top right. The vacancies will disappear, which means that they are accounted for in the general journal.
You have now accounted for vacancies.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you account for vacancies.
You must account for vacancies when some of your units do not have an active lease.
Go to the “Finances” tab and the “Vacancies” subtab.
Make sure that you have selected the month when the unit is vacant.
On the right, under “Unprocessed,” you will see the suggested amount for the vacancy, which will either be the rent of the previous lease or the amount in the “Renewal” section for the unit. You can leave it like it is, or you can change it, and make it the amount that you want.
To account for the vacancies, select the units, and click on the arrow.
The vacant units will disappear, which means that they will be accounted for in the general journal.