How to Add a Discount to an Expense
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Expenses” subtab.
2. Click on the expense to which you want to add a discount.
3. Click on “Edit” at the top right.
4. Click on “Add an item.”
5. Select the account “5525 – Purchase Discount.”
6. Describe the discount (example: “purchase discount”), and enter the negative amount. It will automatically become negative.
7. Click on “Finish.”
You have now added a discount to an expense.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you add a discount to an expense.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Expenses” subtab.
Find the expense to which you want to add a discount, and click on it.
Click on “Edit” in the upper right corner.
Click on “Add an item,” and select the account “5011 – Cash Discount.”
Enter a description, which can simply be “Cash discount.”
Enter the amount of the discount as a negative amount, and click on “Finish.”