How to Add a Service During the Term of a Lease by Creating a Manual Invoice
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, click on the unit you want to modify.
3. Click on “Invoicing” at the top right.
4. Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right company, property, and unit.
5. Tick “Lease” in the “Assignation” column.
6. Select the date (the day of the rent payment of the first month with the additional service) at the top right.
7. Tick “Recurring”, and make sure that the recurrence is “Every 1 month(s) x (the number of months left in the lease).”
8. Select the account of the chart of accounts that best describes the additional service (parking, Internet, etc.), or create a new account by clicking on “+.”
9. Describe the additional service, and enter the amount.
10. Click on “Finish.”
11. In the subtab “Collections,” by selecting the first month with the additional service, check that a row was added to the rent of said month and the following months (by selecting a different month).
12. To enter the rent payment, enter the date of payment, the payment method, and the amount. You can enter the complete rent in the first row. A dialog box will appear; answer “Do not distribute,” and the balance should be at zero.
You have now added a service during the term of a lease by creating a manual invoice.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you add a service during the term of a lease by creating a manual invoice.
If you decide to add a service to a lease, such as Internet, a parking space, etc., before the lease is over, you need to charge the tenant for this service. You can modify the lease or create a recurring invoice. This is how you create the recurring invoice.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab, and click on “Invoicing” in the upper right corner.
Select the first day of the first month, or another day depending on when the tenant pays their rent, with the additional service.
To ensure that the service is invoiced every month, tick “Recurrence,” and make sure that the recurrence is “Every one month times however many months are left in the lease.”
Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right property and unit, but tick “Lease.”
Select the account that best describes the additional service. In this case, I will select “4010 – Parking.”
Enter a description, which can simply be “Parking.”
Enter the price of the service, and click on “Finish.”
Click on the three lines to go back to the “Collections” subtab.
Now you can see an additional row for the service under the row for the rent.
When the tenant pays their rent in full, you can enter the date of payment, the payment method, and the full amount in the first row.
Answer “Do not distribute” to the question that appears. Make sure that the balance is now at zero.