How to Collect Rents Automatically
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Data” tab and the “Leases” subtab.
2. Click on the lease you want to modify.
3. Click on “Edit” at the top right.
4. In the third page of the dialog box, in the “Payment Method” section, select “Pre-authorized Payment.”
5. Click on “Finish” to see the future collections.
6. Check that everything in the table of future collections is correct (dates, payers, amounts, etc.).
7. Click on “Finish.”
Every month, you will need to generate the pre-authorized debit file to collect the rent.
1. In the “Accounting” tab and the “Pre-authorized Deposits” subtab, click on “Add” at the top right.
2. Select the collected period and the unit(s) for which you want to generate the file.
3. Click on “Finish.”
4. Download the file at the top right, and contact your financial institution to know where to upload the file.
You can now collect rents automatically.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you collect rents automatically.
Go to the “Data” tab and the “Leases” subtab.
Click on the lease with the rent that you want to collect automatically, and click on “Edit.”
Click on the third page of the dialog box.
Select the payment method “Pre-authorized debit,” and click on “Finish.”
You can check to make sure that the chart of future collections is correct. Then, click on “Finish.”
With this payment method, you only need to generate the pre-authorized debit files on a monthly basis.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Pre-Authorized Debits” subtab, and click on “Add.”
Select all the collections you want to collect, and click on “Finish.”
Click on the file, which can contain many collections, to download it, so you can send it to your financial institution.
You will no longer have to manually collect your tenants’ rents.