How to Create a Budget
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Finances” tab and the “Budgets” subtab.
2. Click on “Add” at the top right.
3. Enter the name of your budget.
4. Select the start and end dates of the budget, or tick “Recurring” if you want the same budget to repeat itself for multiple weeks or months. In this case, the duration of the budget will be the number of weeks/months, and it will repeat itself the number of times written on the right. “Every 1 month(s) x 12” means that the monthly budget will repeat itself for a year.
5. Select the entity to which this budget is assigned.
6. Enter the amounts you have planned for each aspect of your income and expenses.
7. Click on one of the calculator icons.
8. Click on “Finish.”
9. If you create a recurring budget, click on “Yes” to the question that appears to modify the following budgets.
10. To increase all the amounts by a percentage, enter the percentage(s), and click on “Increase.”
11. To modify the following budgets, click on “Next”; otherwise, click on “Finish.”
12. Click on “Report” at the top right to visualize your budget as a report.
13. Select the period of the budget you have just created.
14. Select “Income detailed by” and “Expenses detailed by” to have a more detailed report.
15. Tick “Comparison with the Current Period” or “Comparison with the Previous Year” to compare the budget.
You have now created a budget.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you create a budget.
Go to the “Finances” tab and the “Budgets” subtab, and click on “Add.”
Name your budget.
If you want to create a monthly budget that recurs every month, select the first day of the month and the last day of the month, and tick “Recurring.” Now, select the recurrence “Every one month times the amount of times you want this budget to be repeated.” This same budget will now repeat itself every month for the number of times you entered.
Select the entity to which you want to assign the budget.
Now, enter the amounts you have budgeted for different elements of your revenue and your expenses.
Once you have entered all the amounts, click on “Finish” in the lower right corner.
You can see your budget as a report by clicking on “Report” in the upper right corner.
If the budget you created is not for the current month, tick the box under “Period,” and select the dates of the budget you want to see.
To see the detailed budget, tick “Income detailed by Account” and/or “Expenses detailed by Account.”
To compare this budget to the current budget, you can tick “Comparison with the Current Period.” This will compare the amounts you budgeted with the actual amounts, the remaining amounts, and the overrun. You can also compare these elements with the previous year by ticking “Comparison with the Previous Year.”