How to Create a Chargeable Service
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Management” tab and the “Services” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, click on the company for which you want to create the service(s).
3. Click on “Add” at the top right.
4. Find the account that best describes the service that you want to invoice (parking, snow removal, garage, etc.). If the account is not there, go to the bottom of the page, and select it.
5. Describe the service if need be, and enter the amount.
6. Click on “Finish.”
7. To invoice a tenant, go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
8. In the selector at the top left, click on the unit you want to modify.
9. Click on “Invoicing” at the top right.
10. Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right company, property, and unit.
11. Tick “Lease” in the “Assignation” column.
12. Click on “Services” next to “Add an item.”
13. Select the service you want to invoice, and click on “OK.”
14. Select the date at the top right, and click on “Finish.”
15. The service will be added to the rent of this unit in the “Collections” subtab.
You have now created a chargeable service.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you create a chargeable service.
There is a section where you can enter all your chargeable services.
Go to the “Management” tab and the “Services” subtab, and click on “Add” in the upper right corner.
Now, find the account that best describes the service you want to create. For example, if you want to charge your tenants for a parking space, find the row of the account “4010 – Parking,” enter a description of the service, such as “Parking,” and enter the amount for this service.
You can create any other service to charge your tenants, such as internet services, a garage space, an access to the pool, etc.
When you are done creating your chargeable services, click on “Finish.”
When you want to charge your tenants for a service, go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab, and click on “Invoicing.”
Now, click on “Services,” select the service for which you want to charge the tenant, and click on “OK.”
In the “Assignation” column, make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right company, property, and unit. However, you need to tick “Lease.”
Select the date, and click on “Finish.”
When you receive the payment, go back to the “Collections” subtab.
If you received the payment for the rent and the service, enter the date of payment, the payment method, and the full amount in the row for the rent.