How to Enter a Recurring Expense
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Expenses” subtab.
2. Click on “Add” at the top right.
3. Select the supplier.
4. Select the entity to which the expense is assigned (company, property, unit, etc.). The expense is assigned to the entity for which you bought something (service, physical object, etc.).
5. Select the account to which the expense is assigned.
6. Describe the expense, and enter the unit price.
7. Tick “Taxable” if the item is taxable.
8. To enter more than one item, click on “Add an item”, and repeat steps 5, 6, and 7.
9. Select the first date of the recurring expense (e.g. depending on the recurrence you choose, if you select May 21th, the expense could be generated the 21st day of every month).
10. Tick “Recurring”, and choose the recurrence (“Every 1 month(s) x 12” means once a month for a period of twelve months; “Every 2 week(s) x 6” means once every two weeks for a period of twelve weeks [two weeks times six]; etc.).
11. Enter a unique expense number.
12. Click on “Finish.”
You have now created a recurring expense.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you enter a recurring expense.
Do you want to enter an expense that recurs every three months from the same supplier and with the same amount?
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Expenses” subtab.
Click on “Add” in the upper right corner.
Select the supplier in the upper left corner.
Depending on what you bought, select the entity to which the expense is assigned.
Select the account that best describes the expense. In this case, I will select “Insurance.”
Enter a description of the expense. The description makes it easier to keep track of your expenses.
Enter the amount of the expense.
Select the date of the first expense. Depending on the recurrence, the expense can recur every two weeks, every month, every three months, etc. The dates of the recurring expenses will depend on the date of the first expense. For example, if the recurrence is “Every one month times 3” and you selected March 2nd as your first date, the expense will recur on March 2nd, April 2nd, and May 2nd.
Enter the expense number. This number is the invoice number written directly on the invoice.
Click on “Finish.” Click on the three lines in the upper left corner.
Select the month of the second recurrence of the expense, and check that the expense appears.