How to Enter an Expense
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Expenses” subtab.
2. Click on “Add” at the top right.
3. Select the supplier.
4. Select the entity to which the expense is assigned (company, property, unit, etc.). The expense is assigned to the entity for which you bought something (service, physical object, etc.).
5. Select the account to which the expense is assigned.
6. Describe the expense, and enter the unit price.
7. Tick “Taxable” if the item is taxable.
8. To enter more than one item, click on “Add an item”, and repeat steps 5, 6, and 7.
9. Check that the date is correct.
10. Enter a unique expense number.
11. Click on “Finish.”
You have now created an expense.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you enter an expense.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Expenses” subtab.
Click on “Add” in the upper right corner.
Select the supplier in the upper left corner.
Next, you will ask yourself: “What is this expense assigned to? To a property, a unit, a specific work?”
Depending on what you bought, select the entity to which the expense is assigned.
Select the account that best describes the expense. In this case, I will select “Maintenance and repairs.”
Enter a description of the expense. The description is not required, but it is important.
Enter the unit price, and tick “Taxable” if that is the case.
Make sure that the date is correct, and enter the expense number. This number is the invoice number written directly on the invoice.
Click on “Finish” in the lower right corner.