How to Enter a Bad Debt
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, click on the unit you want to modify.
3. Find the collection in question, and enter the date when the payment was to be made.
4. Select the “Bad Debt” payment method.
5. Enter the amount of the bad debt (the entire rent, if that is the case).
6. Click anywhere to update the balance.
You have now entered a bad debt.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you enter a bad debt.
You could need to enter a bad debt if a tenant leaves abruptly and stops paying their rent.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
Select the unit with the bad debt in the selector in the upper left corner.
Find the collection that is a bad debt.
Enter the date when you want the bad debt to be accounted for.
Select the payment method “Bad Debt,” and enter the amount of the rent.
The bad debt will be accounted for, and the balance will now be at zero.