How to Enter a Rent Payment for Tenants that Pay Different Amounts
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, click on the unit you want to modify.
3. Enter the date of payment, the payment method, and the amount for the first tenant (a second row will automatically appear if the amount does not cover the entire rent).
4. In the “Payers” column and the first row, click on “X” next to the name(s) of the other tenant(s).
5. In the next rows, repeat step 3 for the other tenant(s) until the rent is paid in full (the balance should be at zero).
You have now entered a rent payment for tenants that pay different amounts.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you enter a rent payment for tenants that pay different amounts.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
Find the collection for the unit in question. To ease your search, you can select the right unit in the selector in the upper left corner.
Enter the payment information of the first tenant (i.e. the date of payment, the payment method, and the amount).
Under “Payers,” click on the “X” next to the name of the other tenant.
Another row should appear because the rent is not paid in full. This row should only have the name of the second tenant.
Enter the payment information of the second tenant.
This collection has now been paid by two tenants.