How to Enter a Security Deposit
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, click on the unit you want to modify.
3. Click on “Invoicing” at the top right.
4. Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right company, property, and unit.
5. Tick “Lease” in the “Assignation” column.
6. Type “2115 – Cashed Deposit” in the “Account” section.
7. Describe the deposit in the “Description” section (example: “security deposit of unit X”).
8. Enter the amount of the deposit.
9. Select the date of the deposit (most likely the day of the rent payment of the first month of the lease).
10. Click on “Finish.”
11. Once you collect the deposit, go to the “Collections” subtab, and enter the date of payment, the payment method, and the amount.
You have now entered a security deposit.
Transcription of the Subtitles
How to enter a security deposit.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab, and click on “Invoicing.”
Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right property and unit, but tick “Lease.”
Select the account “2115 – Cashed Deposit.”
Enter a description, which can simply be “Security deposit,” and enter the amount under “Unit price.”
Select the date when you received the deposit, and click on “Finish.”
Click on the three lines in the upper left corner to return to the “Collections” subtab.
Enter the date when you deposited the deposit into your bank account, the payment method, and the amount.