How to Give a Tenant a Discount
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, click on the unit you want to modify.
3. Click on “Invoicing” at the top right.
4. Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right company, property, and unit.
5. Tick “Lease” in the “Assignation” column.
6. Select the account “4700 – Discount.”
7. Describe the discount in the “Description” section.
8. Enter the amount of the discount.
9. Click anywhere, and the amount will automatically become negative.
10. Select the date (the day of the rent payment of the month with the discount) at the top right.
11. Click on “Finish.”
12. Check that, in the “Collections” subtab, the discount has been applied on the tenant’s balance.
You have now given the tenant a discount.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you give a tenant a discount.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
Click on “Invoicing” in the upper right corner.
Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right property and unit, but tick “Lease.”
Select the “Discount” account, which is “4700 – Discount.”
Enter the description and the amount of the discount.
Select the first day, or another day depending on when this tenant pays their rent, of the month with the discount. In this case, the discount is for April, so I will select April 1st.
Click on “Finish.” Click on the three lines in the upper left corner.
When you receive the payment, which should be the rent minus the discount, enter the date of payment, the payment method, and the amount in the first row.
Make sure that the balance is now at zero.