How to Give a Tenant a Free Month
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, click on the unit you want to modify.
3. Click on “Invoicing” at the top right.
4. Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right company, property, and unit.
5. Tick “Lease” in the “Assignation” column.
6. Select the account “4700 – Discount.”
7. Describe the discount in the “Description” section (e.g. August 2021 free).
8. Enter the amount of the rent.
9. Click anywhere, and the amount will automatically become negative.
10. Select the date (the day of the rent payment of the free month) at the top right.
11. Click on “Finish.”
12. Check that, in the “Collections” subtab, the balance of the free month is at zero.
You have now given the tenant a free month.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you give a tenant a free month.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
Click on “Invoicing” in the upper right corner.
Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right property and unit, but tick “Lease.”
Select the “Discount” account, which is “4700 – Discount.”
Enter a description of the discount, such as “April 2022 free.”
Enter the rent under “Unit price.”
Select the first day, or another day depending on when this tenant pays their rent, of the free month. In this case, April is the free month, so I will select April 1st.
Click on “Finish.” Click on the three lines in the upper left corner.
The tenant’s balance for the free month should be at zero, so you do not need to do anything else.