How to Invoice Management Fees
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, click on your company (the management company, not the one you want to invoice).
3. Click on “Invoicing” at the top right.
4. In the “Assignation” column, tick “Company,” and select the company that is charged for the fees.
5. Select the account “4085 – Management Fees.”
6. Describe the invoice (example: “management fees for August 2021”).
7. Select the invoice date (at the top right), and enter the amount (and tick “Taxable” if that is the case).
8. Click on “Finish.”
9. To view the invoice, click on “Letter” at the top right.
10. To send the invoice, open it in letter format, and click on “Send.”
11. When you receive the payment, go to the “Collections” subtab, and enter the date of payment, the payment method, and the amount.
You have now invoiced management fees.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you invoice management fees.
This way, a management company can charge the companies it manages for its weekly, monthly, or yearly fees.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
In the selector in the upper left corner, select the management company.
Click on “Invoicing” in the upper right corner.
Make sure that the issuer is the management company.
Tick “Company,” and select the managed company.
Select the account “4085 – Management fees,” and enter a description, such as “Management fees for February 2021.”
Select the date of the invoice, and enter an invoice number if you have one.
If you charge the company on a monthly basis, you can tick “Recurring,” and select the recurrence “Every one month times however many months you are charging them for the fees.” You could also create a new invoice every month.
Enter the amount, tick “Taxable” if that is the case, and click on “Finish.”
You can print or send the invoice by clicking on “Letter” in the upper right corner and on “Print” or “Send.”
When you receive the payment, go to the “Collections” subtab, and find this invoice.
Enter the date of payment, the payment method, and the amount.