How to Link an “Expense” Account to a Supplier
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the “Data” tab and the “Suppliers” subtab.
2. Click on the supplier you want to modify.
3. Click on “Edit” at the top right.
4. Select the account in the “Account” row, or create a new account by clicking on “+” and on “Finish” when you are done.
5. Click on “Finish.”
6. To add an expense to this supplier, click on “Add an expense” at the top right, or go through the “Accounting” tab and the “Expenses” subtab.
By linking an “Expense” account to a supplier, every expense for this supplier will automatically be assigned to this account.
You have now linked an “Expense” account to a supplier.
Transcription of the Subtitles
Here is how you link an expense account to a supplier.
Once the supplier is linked to an account, this account will be selected automatically when you create an expense for this supplier.
Go to the “Data” and the “Suppliers” subtab.
Click on the supplier to which you want to link an account, and click on “Edit” in the upper right corner.
Select the account of the chart that you want to link to this supplier. In this case, I will select “5035 – Bank charges.”
Click on “Finish.”
When you want to add an expense to this supplier, click on “Add an expense,” or go through the “Accounting” tab and the “Expenses.”
If you click on “Add an expense,” you will see that the account is automatically the one you have just linked to this supplier.