How to Reimburse a Security Deposit to a Tenant
You can watch the video procedure or follow the instructions below.
Note: You must do this even if you entered the security deposit at the beginning of the lease.
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, click on the unit you want to modify.
3. Click on “Invoicing” at the top right.
4. Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right company, property, and unit.
5. Tick “Lease” in the “Assignation” column.
6. Type “2115 – Cashed Deposit” in the “Account” section.
7. Describe the deposit in the “Description” section (example: “reimbursement of a security deposit”).
8. Enter the amount of the deposit as a negative amount.
9. Select the date of the deposit (the day that you reimburse the deposit).
10. Click on “Finish.”
11. In the “Collections” subtab, select the month of the reimbursement, and tick “Balance at Zero” to see the reimbursement.
12. Enter the date of the reimbursement, the “payment” method, and the negative amount again.
13. Click anywhere to update the balance. It should be at zero.
You have now reimbursed a security deposit.
Transcription of the Subtitles
How to reimburse a security deposit to a tenant.
Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab, and click on “Invoicing” in the upper right corner.
In the “Assignation” column, make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right company, property, and unit. However, you need to tick “Lease.”
Select the account “2115 – Cashed Deposit,” and enter a description of the reimbursement, which can be “Reimbursement of the security deposit.”
Enter the amount of the deposit as a negative amount, and select the date of the reimbursement.
Click on “Finish” and on the three lines in the upper left corner.
Tick “Balance at Zero” since the reimbursement is a negative amount.
Enter the date of the reimbursement, the reimbursement method, and the negative amount again.
Now, the reimbursement will be accounted for.