How to Add a Service During the Term of a Lease by Creating a Manual Invoice
Steps to Follow
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, select the unit you want to modify.
3. Click on “Invoicing” at the top right.
4. Make sure that the invoice is assigned to the right company, property, and unit.
5. Tick “Lease” in the “Assignation” column.
6. Select the date (the first day of the first month with the additional service) at the top right.
7. Tick “Recurring”, and make sure that the recurrence is “Every 1 month(s) x (the number of months left in the lease).”
8. Select the account of the chart of accounts that best describes the additional service (parking, Internet, etc.), or create a new account by clicking on “+.”
9. Describe the additional service, and enter the amount.
10. Click on “Finish.”
11. In the subtab “Collections,” by selecting the first month with the additional service, check that a row was added to the rent of said month and the following months (by selecting a different month).
12. To enter the rent payment, enter the date of payment, the payment method, and the amount. You can enter the complete rent in the first row. A dialog box will appear; answer “Do not distribute,” and the balance should be at zero.
You have now added a service during the term of a lease by creating a manual invoice.
Transcription of the Subtitles