How to Add a Service During the Term of a Lease by Modifying the Lease
Steps to Follow
1. Go to the “Data” tab and the “Leases” subtab.
2. In the selector at the top left, select the unit you want to modify.
3. Click on the lease you want to modify.
4. Click on “Modify” at the top right.
5. In the third page of the dialog box, in the “Price by period” section, modify the current period by adjusting the duration.
6. Make sure that the end date of the current period (at the bottom right of the “Price by period” section) is the day before the start date of the period with the additional service (if the additional service is invoiced as of September 1st, the end date of the current period should be August 31st).
7. Click on “Add a period.”
8. Select the account that best describes the additional service, and enter the amount of the service.
9. Adjust the duration of the new period by entering the number of months left in the lease, and verify that the end date of this period (at the bottom right) is the same as the end date of the lease.
10. Click on “Finish.”
11. In the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab, select the first month with the additional service (or any of the following months), and make sure that the rent is adjusted.
You have now added a service during the term of a lease by modifying the lease.
Transcription of the Subtitles