How to Enter an NSF Cheque Without Charging the Tenant for Additional Fees
Steps to Follow
1. Go to the “Accounting” tab and the “Collections” subtab.
2. Tick “Balance at Zero,” and select the correct month to see the collection of the tenant with an NSF cheque.
3. Move your mouse between the “Amount” column and the “Balance” column, and click on “+” and on “NSF Cheque.”
4. Select the return date.
5. If you do not have any bank fees, click on “Finish,” and answer “Yes” to the question.
6. If not, select your financial institution in the “Bank Fees” section, or create it by clicking on “+.”
7. Enter the amount in the “Bank Fees” section.
8. Click on “Finish,” and answer “Yes” to the question.
There should be three rows for this collection. One for the initial rent payment, one for the NSF cheque, and one for the rent.
9. When you receive the payment, enter the date of payment in the row for the rent (3rd), the payment method, and the amount.
You have now entered an NSF Cheque without charging the tenant for additional fees.
Transcription of the Subtitles